2020 Poster Session Information
There will be two poster presentation periods on Saturday, April 4 to allow ample time for attendees to view all the excellent science being presented.
Poster submitters are required to be at their poster on Saturday at the appointed poster presentation session, and the resulting awards program later that evening at the Dessert Reception.
Poster Session Schedule
Friday, April 3:
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm: Poster Setup
- 6:15 pm - 9:30 pm: Informal viewing: presenters do not need to be at poster
Saturday, April 4:
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Poster Session with Continental Breakfast (odd numbered posters presented)
- 11:45 am - 1:30 pm: Poster Session with Lunch (even numbered posters presented)
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 pm: Poster Dismantle
Poster Presentation Guidelines
The presenting author must be at the poster board during the designated presentation times.
Your poster must be no larger than 45" high by 45" wide. Two posters will be presented side-by-side on each board.
A poster addresses one central question. State the question or hypothesis clearly in the poster and use your presentation to provide a clear and explicit take-home message. Posters usually have a similar structure to a research paper or journal article, which include the following sections: an abstract, introduction (i.e. brief rationale or review of relevant research), methods, results, and a conclusion or summary. If your poster is more clinically oriented, you may elect to use a different format, but breaking things down into clear sections with headings will help your colleagues understand your poster easily and quickly.
- Do not exceed the 4 feet x 4 feet poster dimensions.
- Be considerate of other presenters.
- Use bullet points to simplify sections like the introduction and conclusions.
- Use large type, such as 36-point type for section headings, and 24-point type for text. Never use smaller than 18-point for any reason.
- Make effective use of underlines and bold.
- Use graphs and figures whenever possible.
- Make your poster visually pleasing and attractive.
- Include your poster number in a large type on your poster so attendees can easily locate your abstract.
The Annual Meeting offers Travel Awards to select top-scoring abstract submitters who checked the box on the abstract submission form who indicated they wished to be considered for an Award.
Congratulations to the 2019 Best Poster Award Winners:
To Be Announced...